• Ability to use browser tools (firebug, inspector, etc.) to debug and troubleshoot front-end issues.
• Understanding of Mobile-First Responsive Design: technology, pros, cons, and business values.
• Understanding of web usability, accessibility, and SEO best practices.
• Understanding of page speed optimization.
• Solid understanding of how to develop a consistent experience across all browsers and overcome cross-browser challenges.
• Proficient with jQuery, including working with JSON and AJAX is a plus.
• Must have portfolio of previous interface work showcasing the implementation of the presentation layer.
• Ability to work independently and also collaborate well in a team environment.
• Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment.
• Must be an independent problem solver with understanding of end-to-end web front-end architecture.
• Ability to recognize issues/risks and escalate them to the management team in a timely manner.
• Passionate about front-end technologies!
• Minimum 1 year of experience designing UI solutions for websites and web applications using Photoshop or Illustrator.
• Experience working with version control (SVN preferred)
• Experience implementing responsive frameworks such as Foundation, Bootstrap or Responsive Grid
• Experience working directly with project managers and business stakeholders to provide real-world business value.